Friday, May 8, 2009

My sister's vinyl lettering!

I live in a world where almost every other girl I know is decorating her house with "Gordon B. Hinkley's Be's" and plaques that say "Families are Forever" (there are a million versions of this), or any number or scriptural references. I don't think these are bad things - but I was never one to mindlessly follow the crowd. Here's what I've done......
My sister, Katie, does the coolest stuff with her vinyl lettering machine! This Domestic Goddess one is in my kitchen over the plant shelves. The ceiling is vaulted in here so I've had this huge bare wall forever. Not now!! It measures 2ft X 3ft and it's AWESOME!!
She also made me these cute labels for my laundry soap! The containers aren't very big, but when you only use a tablespoon at a time it's not so bad. This holds about 30 loads worth of laundry soap.
I LOVE this one also. It's in the kids bathroom. This quote ALWAYS makes people chuckle - especially when I tell them I put it on my wall!
Not pictured are the "26.2" window sticker for my car. My husband HATES when I put the pink one on the mustang. And the Super cute "polka dots & posies" for my business sign.
If you want Katie to make something awesome for you, send me your email and I'll pass it along!


3 comments:

  1. Those turned out too cute! I love the domestic goddess one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lettering! So cute! Katie did some vinyl for me and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I ask what cutting machine she uses, I want one (if they sell them in Australia). email shoogeplum@yahoo.com.au Thanks.

    ReplyDelete